Friday, January 25, 2008

My First Blog ever! yay.

Wow. This is my first blog ever in 21 years! Someone congratulate me quick.heh. No, maybe i should thank my lecturer - Mr Abel Choy cos without him and if not for this course (COM 125: Introduction to the Internet), I would never have set up a blog.

In the past, bloggers to me were simply a bunch of attention-seeking individuals shameless enough to post pictures of themselves in various compromising positions with the hot favourite being the one with a girl looking innocently up at the camera with her doe-eyes big and bright, with the camera focusing on her boobs for all to see. Please, don't give us sore eyes. Pardon my narrow-minded perspective on bloggers as such. I just feel it screams desperate. And even if you are honey, don't shout it. Cos who's gonna pay attention to you if they know you crave for it?

But i believe that there are many different types of bloggers, and that a blog is now used for more uses than one such as posting the daily mundane happenings of one's life. Blogs now are used in the context of doing "business", whereby bloggers sell products and services to others who visit their blog. The most popular ones being the sale of women's clothes and accessories. Guilty am i of browing these blogs and even having made one online purchase, only to find out to my disappointment that the item did not meet my expectations. Well, once bitten, twice shy. I'm never gonna do online shopping ever again. With the only exception being Victoria's Secrets of course! =)

Blogs work as forums and discussion channels too. They are useful in keeping members of an organization or club intact adn updated on the latest events and happenings, which i think is really cool. Blogs are just one of the tools which have made an impact on our lives and changed the way people communicate.